February 7, 2009

Workshop #2 - Valentine's

My second workshop was focused on Valentine's and Love. Since you don't normally need multiple Valentine's cards, I decided to do multiple projects for the occasion instead. The projects in this workshop included a card, CD frame, candy jar and favor boxes.

I had a handful of ladies join me at my house to build these projects, as well as a bunch of kits that I delivered for the ladies who couldn't make it. I had a great time having the ladies at my house working on their projects.


Here are the details to the projects we made:

Card - Key to my heart

In My Heart (D1245)

"Key to my Heart" (E1012)

(Not sure of the title of the stamp set, it was a special edition)

The heart key is stamped with a glue pad and covered with glitter. There is a heart paper clip used to "hold" the ribbon together.

CD Frame - Everyday I love you more!

Remember This (B1308)
Chocolate Alphabet Small (D1296)
Classmate Alphabet (D1303)
Here are some samples of alternative ways that this project was completed, courtesy of those who attended the workshop:

The frame is made by using a simple plastic CD case. To make the frame, remove the top piece of the case and turn it over and reattach the piece, which basically makes the frame free standing. The layering of stamped words or images was accomplished using a transparency and attached to the background with brads. Very simple and quick to make!

Candy Jar - Sweets for my Sweetie!

Hearthrob (D1309)

Dream Big (W329)

The jar is from IKEA and a 12"x12" scrapbook paper doesn't completely cover the entire circumference of the jar, so I had to place something at the end points to cover the gap (in this case I used the heart).

Favor Box - Heart filled with Sweets!

In my heart (D1245)

These boxes were made using my new favorite tool the Scor-Pal. You can actually make boxes in any sizes that fit the paper you are using but these particular boxes were approximately 2 1/2" squares. I created the heart window using the Fiskar Shape Cutter and a transparency window. These were for the workshop but keep posted for a sample of how I used them for Leyton's (my son) Valentine's exchange at preschool.

Thanks again to the ladies that either participated in the workshop or bought the kit. Check out the upcoming events listed on the blog to find out some information on the next workshop!

No comments: